Nobody Asked Me But:
1) I am certainly hoping that people still love radio as much as I do and support the program(s) on WFDU for the eclecticism and the listener friendliness in our annual fund raising drive.
2) Some people, when you say “...I read this in the NY Times...” respond in an ever so prideful manner “..I NEVER read THAT paper”. Seems that openmindedness is not a very wide spread trait.
3) The Times reports that there is a uptick in heart attacks during Super Bowl (or other big event) days. Glad I never felt the need to care about athletic outcomes since the main outcome is obscene rewards for athletes that create tension and---as follows---heart attacks for those who care so much.
4) Why is it that Saturday Night Live lives on as it becomes less and less clever and MadTV is gone when it was getting better and better?
5) Have you ever noticed how your perception of yourself in other people’s eyes is not the perception they have---and, probably, the same is true in reverse---your perception of them is not what they perceive themselves to be?
6) I am hoping that someone someday will produce something that will put Phil Ochs into the category and importance that Bob Dylan has acquired. Might that be because he outlived him?
7) It was nice to see my feelings about “The Blind Side” agreed with by a critic on NPR----all that cloying “schmaltz” must have been bad for the cholesterol levels.
8) Whatever happened to less being better and making things more appreciated---think Kids, TV, and all the instant gratification we get from the Internet and its sites? That is the more part and is it better?
9) When your neighbor sells his house should one be happy because he was a bad neighbor or worry the next one might be worse? I’ll stick with “happy” and tell them “come on the lawn”.
10) With NYC (and other areas) gentrifying what happens to the poor people being priced out of even the most humble abodes---that now rent/sell in prices that are in the stratosphere?
11) Should I dress up to watch The Oscar ceremonies in front of my TV set since they are selling tickets (for hefty prices) to see them in a movie theater along with overpriced cocktails.
12) Does having the ceremony in a theater make it interactive---sort of like Purple Rose of Cairo where the actors step out of the screen to chat with you?
13) It is a delight to be able to say---Happy 90th Birthday to a musical icon---OSCAR BRAND