PLAYLISTS
THIS IS THE PLACE FOR PLAYLISTS---JUST CLICK

Monday, February 1, 2010

An Interesting Rarity

Many of you who are listeners to TRADITIONS know of my thoughts and feelings about Phil Ochs. You may also have picked up on my feelings about him vis a vis Bob Dylan. What follows is a clip from You Tube (we live in an amazing techno world now) that I hope you will enjoy and then go to You Tube to read the story behind the clip. More after you view this----


Yes, that was John Lennon and after discovering this clip I really wanted you all to see this as well. After you go to You Tube you can read the history of it---but do not read the comments since most are inaccurate regarding Dylan / Ochs. The story is quite different and I have the tape where Phil states his version of events.

Suffice it to say Phil left us too soon and may well, in my opinion, be on an equal--if not higher--footing than The Bob---Kennedy Center honors included.

Take a peek now at THE ALMOST DAILY ROOSTER and see some other great entertainers of importance in our musical history and also ones that I have had the pleasure---no ==honor --of presenting on SUNDAY SIMCHA and TRADITIONS.

Once again I urge you to send me any names of people you want a focus on for either of those programs and I shall surely get on it even when our many guests are scheduled to appear. There is room for everybody---well, let's avoid the Grammy Winners in the main categories and stick to those that the Grammys do not feel worthy of TV coverage---after all when you go to WFDU you are on the " Right place on the LEFT Side of the dial". Love that slogan---and love the thought it conveys and one of our very early guests did as well by her intonation of it in our ID---Ronnie Gilbert.

Since we have spoken of YouTube and this Blogspot (which is owned by Google) I would like to recommend a book to you that truly puts this brave new techno world into perspective---GOOGLED by Ken Auletta. Trust me---long but you will not put it down. And, if you are of a certain age, you will see how far we have come from the days of 7 TV channels that needed a roof antenna to hundreds of channels on cable and satellite that have little on them and how interactivity via the internet is replacing all this. You reading this now---you prove it.

No comments: