1) Pres. Obama seems to be over exposing himself on TV because there is a saturation point when interest is lost and the office becomes debased.
2) Sometimes Less is More.
6) Some of the best artists are not in the mainstream and an evening spent at their venues is usually more satisfying than the big dollar and big name appearances.
7) How is it possible for the drug plans to have high co-pays and “doughnut holes” when some stores will sell you the generic versions of many for $10.00 for a 90 day supply?
8) If you truly believe you can become invisible you may well be right when you get into some super market checkout lines and the clerk keeps up a running conversation with the clerk on your other side. You are invisible. Have a Nice Day!
11) Utah has it right. Cell phones and texting while driving is more dangerous than drinking and driving and Utah has passed the strongest law against it. Perhaps initials are called for--- DWT---driving while texting/talking.
12) The answer to “How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before They Call Him a Man” is, if you are religious--ONE. The aisle leading to your Bar Mitzvah or Confirmation. Then they have a party and everyone acts like a child again.
13) I am glad that Larry David, Mad Men, and House have started new seasons and still think Hugh Laurie should have gotten the acting award since he has truly enveloped his character in a difficult and different characterization for him.
14) It was gratifying to see the response to last Sunday’s Traditions program on WFDU.
15) I am glad to see that WFDU programs the eclectic variety that other stations don’t and/or have “dumped” in, sometimes, very unceremonious ways.